6.10.05

so what's it going to be all about ?

Isn’t that a big decision? But nevertheless, one I have to announce. I believe this blog will be about all things personal. Things personal to my life, things personal to the life of people around me(who couldn’t keep their personal stuff personal enough to be not disclosed), my reflections about x,y, and zee ( yes, more often than not, it is going to be random). Maybe some more motivations will take the form of text, and if that happens, I will remember to edit this post.

Why am I blogging?
Because I want to be a writer one day.
You wonder and Ask : Really? Fiction/Non-fiction?
I am bewildered and answer : No, not really. But I do love the writers job. And I do love the fame that writers have. We have famous people in all walks of life, but the one I admire most are writers and musicians. Maybe because I never got to even get close to those 2 sects.
Also, I don’t think what I will write about. As of now, it is just this blog and my attempt to jump over the writers block. And you don’t need to tell, because I am aware – I have a long way to go.

Who am I?
Are you really interested? I don’t think so. But just in case – you are one of that 1 in a million (after all – the probability of any event is greater than zero; now you know that I did study some Mathematics at school), here goes my story – in brief.
I was born to loving and educated parents, when the moon was dominant over the sun, and was allotted bed no 7 at the Jayanti Jayakar clinic. My mother recounts that Dr Jayakar was a loving and caring person, and that’s why she went back to her when my sibling arrived a few years later. I am the first son of my parents, and I think I have been smart enough to extract some benefit of that fact ;-) My parents, God fearing in the natural Indian way, imparted me some key values of life which has kept me sane through all crests and troughs of life. They made sure that I had good education, and they ensured that I ate a full stomach even if they had to go to bed hungry. I can’t be thankful enough!
The co-ed school I went to was immense fun, but I have to acknowledge that I was rather dumb at that point of time (and till much later). If only I had been a little smarter, I would have had a little more fun. But no regrets – it’s been nice since a few of the smart folks out there were kind enough to teach me the essential rules of engagement (as goes the Air Force lingo). School took me college and college to a job. I don’t remember much of what happened at both those places – since it is quite some time now. But it has been a rather interesting journey. I have been pretty lazy to not venture out a lot on my own, but I have had my share of entertainment watching close friends of mine battle it out.  As we move forward with this blog, you might find glimpses of events that have shaped me into the individual I am. I cannot ensure that all those stories will be entertaining, but they will be stories nevertheless.

The sap from the rubber tree has started oozing out, and I hope it remains that way.

No comments: