6.10.05

2:45 am

yes, that’s precisely the time I began writing this post. And I am pretty much aware that this isn’t a time for sane people to be awake. My parents always said – early to bed, and early to rise. But they didn’t anticipate that my life won’t be as structured and by-the-proverbs as they would have liked it to be.

I happened to lay my hands on my first Amitava Ghosh’s title – The Hungry Tide. I had barely reached page 22, that I felt a kick. A bout of literary rush can I say? Within moments, I click on the power button, the omnipresent Windows XP is booting. It took me some time to log on to blogger, but for some reasons, the new post screen gave some weird problems. Cursing Mozilla Firefox (believe me, it happens rarely), I tried my luck with the not so favorite Internet Explorer. And ain’t I sorry for mouthing bad words about my dear Firefox, as blogger doesn’t function on IE as well. With no more browser options left, I type winword in the Windows+Run box ( yeah, I am geeky ) to bring up the Windows Word application. I had installed the Blogger for Word software quite sometime ago, but never got to use. But this is the post – I hope I am able to upload it ok.
     But where was I? The poor author I am, I digressed. Wasn’t I talking about Amitava. Believe me, if it was not so late in night, and that too a Wednesday, I would have kept reading the book. It flows so very smoothly, and the occasional use of bangla words makes me happy. It gives me the pleasure I get by talking in bangle with my parents back home. The story is building up nicely, and I intend to continue with it tomorrow. Just as I intend to come back to this blog, and keep posting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great. Just as we, the readers, intend to come back to this blog, reading your posts :)
Did I really make you blog? It does not matter. What matters is that you blog :)